Dear Chamber Members
The way we will be delivering news about what we do and what is happening in the town is changing. Some of you may have already heard that the Chamber has met with colleagues from both the Town Council and the Wellington Market Company to help set up a forum called TEAM WELLINGTON specifically to support every business, shopkeeper and trader in the town?
Well if you haven’t this is what TEAM WELLINGTON has agreed to…..quite simply to help promote, improve and enhance Wellington’s reputation as a shopping destination, support the trading environment and help attract new customers and investment to Wellington. A tall challenge, but one worth pursuing!
TEAM WELLINGTON will meet every month on a Wednesday in the Town Council’s Council Chamber from 4.00 – 6.00 pm to discuss every aspect you can think of about helping the town and business prosper. The next meeting is on 11th November at 4.00 pm in the Town Council’s Council Chamber when they will also be hosting a FREE workshop called Increasing Sales for your business: why and where to be online. Details included in this newsletter.
Local businesses are being encouraged to attend to hear more about TEAM WELLINGTON. So, this is your invitation to come along, but before you decide, these are other things they’ve been discussing:
- Wellington Town Council’s planned Christmas Switch on light event on 21st November, including their best dressed Christmas shop window and best dressed Market Stall competition
- Wellington Town Council’s planned Victorian Market on 28th November
- Setting up a TEAM WELLINGTON FACEBOOK page
- Producing a business directory
- Looking at ways to improve signage in conjunction with Wellington Town Council’s existing plans
- Organising more events in the square
And finally you’ll notice that our November monthly newsletter and name will also change too. Called WELLINGTON SHOP TALK NEWS it will represent everything the TEAM acronym stands for ‘TOGETHER EVERYONE ACHIEVES MORE’. This move to a more cooperative alliance between the major players in the town can only be good news for our Chamber.
Dave Riley, President
Download the Newsletter here: Wellington Chamber Newsletter Oct 2015